Saturday, July 19, 2014

Fitting in Fitness

So, one of the things that deters most of us from fitting in fitness is finding time to, well, fit it in with all of our other responsibilities.  Especially if you are a mom of young children, like I am, it can be even harder!  I can't leave the house just yet to go for a run and leave them there, unless my husband is home to watch them.  And I sometimes feel guilty leaving them when he does get home, because then I'm missing out on spending family time together.  So how do I solve this?  Make it a family fitness time together!  Sometimes if I can get all 5 members of my family out the door (which is a challenge in of itself) then we can enjoy some family fitness time.  We try to make it fun!  Some ride scooters, some ride their bike, some walk . . . some run. 



 Although I don't ever get in as hard of a workout if my whole family comes along, at least it's time well spent together where everyone benefits.  I've also been known to include my kids in my DVD workouts too.  They joined me for one of my PiYo workouts just the other day and were happy and excited about doing it with me.  If you make it sound fun, they will have fun too, and think of the great example of being healthy and fit you are setting for them too!  

And for those times when you actually do get to work out alone, enjoy it!  If your hubby gives you a break to go for a run and he watches the kids, which mine often does because he's an awesome hubby & dad, then go for it!  Don't guilt yourself for getting some time to yourself.  I find I can always be a better mom and wife when I have a chance to recharge and feel good about myself.  Sometimes I just go into the bedroom and get on my treadmill for some time alone to workout too.  

So, the next time you're feeling pressed for time, and can't figure out fitting in your fitness, take the family or kids along with you!  You'll be happy you did!

No comments :

Post a Comment